Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 12.02.2019.
Authors can declare their preferred presentation format (oral presentation or poster). Please be aware that the editors might change the presentation format, depending on the reviewers' evaluation.
Call for Papers
Topics of interest
- Active and assisted living/Assistive technologies
- Big data infrastructures
- Biomedical and sensor informatics
- Data analytics and visualization
- Data protection and privacy
- Decision support systems
- Digital health information systems
- Electronic health/medical/patient records
- Ethical, legal and economical aspects
- Evaluation and usability of dHealth applications
- Integrated and personalised healthcare
- Interoperability (syntactic, semantic, pragmatic)
- Knowledge-based systems
- Pathways and guidelines
- Predictive analytics & artificial intelligence
- Quality and certification of health IT
- Research IT infrastructure
- Safety & security
- Telemedicine & mHealth
All accepted papers (both full and short papers) will be published “open access” by IOS Press in the Studies in Health Technologies and Informatics series until May 28, 2019. Full papers will be indexed in PubMed and Web of Science, among others.
Papers must be written in English. Presentations of accepted papers will be held in English. (See exceptions for submissions to the Student Contest.)
Paper length is restricted to eight pages for full papers and to two pages for short papers. Additional pages will be charged with € 100,- per extra-page.
- File format for initial submissions: PDF
- File format for final submissions: DOCX or DOC
At least one (co-) author of each paper needs to be registered for the conference for uploading the revised version of the paper. Each (co-) author can present up to two papers.
Given an author registers for the conference until 22.03.2019 and her/his paper is not finally accepted later on (Final acceptance notification 07.04.2019), the conference fee will be refunded in case of cancellation.
Each paper will be reviewed by at least two independent experts.
- January 2019 – Paper Submission is open (here)
- 12.02.2019 – Extended Paper Submission Deadline
- 05.03.2019 – Preliminary acceptance notification
- 22.03.2019 – Paper revision Deadline
- 22.03.2019 – Author congress registration Deadline*
- 07.04.2019 – Final acceptance notification
- 28.05.2019 – Publication in IOSPress Stud Health Technol Inform
*Given an author registers for the conference until 22.03.2019 and her/his paper is not finally accepted later on (Final acceptance notification 07.04.2019), the conference fee will be refunded in case of cancellation.
Presentation as poster, oral presentation or student award finalist (for PhD or Master submissions) at the dHealth 2019 including discussion.
The dHealth .pptx templates are available below and in the download section. If you do not use the dHealth .pptx template, please at least include the dHealth logo on every page in your presentation (for higher resolutions of the logo please see our Downloads section).
Presentation Templates (.pptx)
You have 10 minutes for your presentation, plus around 5 minutes for the discussion. Please be in the conference room well before the start of the session and contact the session chairs as soon as you arrive.
The preferred presentation format for Room 1 is 4:3, the preferred presentation format for Rooms 3, 8, 9 is 16:9.
You can either submit your presentation slides to firstname.lastname@example.org before the conference, or you can bring it to the conference on a USB stick. If you use a USB stick, please transfer your presentation to the computer in your session's room no later than at the beginning of the break right before your session.
Please let us know if your presentation should NOT be published at our conference website in PDF format after the conference. Otherwise we will consider the following points as confirmed by the presenter:
1. I confirm that AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH is allowed to publish the provided presentation slides on the dHealth conference website. This granting of publication right to AIT is free of charge, not exclusive, not limited to a specific location or time and cannot be withdrawn.
2. I confirm that I own the required rights for all the contents of my presentation slides to grant the publication right of point 1. I further confirm that I will at all times hold AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH free and harmless from all third-party claims based on copyrights and owner’s rights on these published presentation slides.
Please contact email@example.com if you use any format other than ppt(x), pdf or Prezi for your presentation.
There will be two opportunities to present your poster and you are invited to participate in both of them:
1) A short presentation (e.g. 3-5 powerpoint slides) during the Poster Pitch Session. No more than one short question will be allowed after this short presentation
2) Poster presentation and discussion after the Poster Pitch Session
ad 1) Please either send your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org before the conference or bring your presentation on a USB stick and transfer it to the computer in the room of the Poster Pitch Session no later than at the beginning of the coffee break prior to the Poster Pitch.
ad 2) Authors are responsible for designing and printing their posters themselves. There is no specific layout - you can choose your own design. Posters are limited to size A0 portrait format. Please bring your poster to the assigned poster space as soon as the conference starts. We advise you to attach DIN A4-copies of your paper to your poster, so that interested people can take a copy.